CUIP ltd. – Successful Stories
Charles University Innovations Prague s.r.o. (CUIP) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Charles University founded on 22 June 2018. Goal of the company is to transfer knowledge and technology created at the Charles University to the real life. Within this field, CUIP closely cooperates with its partner – the Centre for Knowledge and Technology Transfer of the Charles University (CKTT).
CUIP provides the following services
- consulting and management services for projects with a commercial potential and for founding of spin-off companies emerging from research conducted at the Charles University
- securing investors for university spin-off companies
- negotiation of licensing or other agreements in a given area
- financial support for spin-off companies
- support of sponsorship and fundraising activities at the Charles University
Who do we work with?
CUIP cooperates with partners in the commercial sector and with investors.
CUIP closely cooperates with the Centre for Knowledge and Technology Transfer of the Charles University. CKTT provides legal and intellectual-property support to scientific research teams at the Charles University and identifies interesting topics and ideas within the University.
What can we help you with?
- support in the field of commercialization
- founding of spin-off companies
- sale of industrial property
- assistance for investors looking for opportunities in specific projects
What is the purpose of CUIP?
The purpose of CUIP is to broaden the existing offer of services in the area of innovations and commercialization at the Charles University and to act as a bridge between the academic community and external investors in order to found university spin-off companies.
prof. MUDr. Tomas Zima, DrSc., MBA
“It is a historical milestone that we are pushing the existing boundaries in the field of financing and practical use of science, research and innovation not only at Charles University but also in the Czech Republic. I believe that, thanks to CUIP, a number of unique scientific projects and discoveries are being put into practice more quickly. Charles University is ranked among the best universities in the world such as Oxford, Louvain and ETH Zurich. I firmly hope that our journey will also be an inspiration for other higher education institutions in our country. “